Back to the Royal Conservatory yesterday for the first time since the plague struck. Ironically the programme, which had originally featured the Dover Quartet with Davóne Tines, had to be rearranged at less than 24 hours notice due to one of the Dovers testing positive for COVID. What we got instead was two mini concerts. In the first half the New Orford Quartet performed works by Caroline Shaw and Mendelssohn and in the second Davóne Tines, with Rachael Kerr, performed excerpts from his Recital No. 1: MASS. Continue reading
Still not a whole lot going on and much of what is, is at short notice so it misses posts like this. But, here’s what’s in my diary for October so far.
- September 30th to October 17th. Mistatim; a streamed version of the Rsd Sky/TSO collaboration for young people presented by Crow’s Theatre. Streaming codes are $20 from the Crow’s box office.
- October 14th 8pm. Soundstreams presents RBC Bridges Showcase; six short choral works by young composers. It’s on-line and free and available for a month. Register here.
- October 15th, 7.30pm. The annual IRCPA Encounter concert with ten young singers and Rachel Andrist at the piano. It’s being broadcast from Zoomer Hall, presumably w/o a live audience. It’s free at Classical 96.3 FM, and at http://classicalfm.ca.
- October 24th at 3pm. The Dover Quartet at Koerner Hall in a programme that includes Barber’s Dover Beach. There are in-person tickets and live stream codes available. The pricing structure is complex so check out rcmusic.ca for details.
- October 29th (subscriber/donors) and 30th (plebs) at 7.30pm. The COC is streaming Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi from the Four Seasons Centre. The stream will be “on-demand” for at least a month and is free.
That’s it I’m afraid.