So what am I still watching on-line?
- Opera Revue; they are still producing interesting concerts more or less weekly
- Against the Grain; ditto plus interviews
- Opera Vision; useful source of full length opera videos in less boring productions than the Met
What new discoveries have I made?
- Harmon in Space from the Kingston Symphony
- Wigmore Hall; full length recitals from, inter alia, Gerald Finley, Sarah Connolly and Christian Gerhaher
- … and coming up , a new series of filmed opera excerpts from Domoney Artists (Jennifer Taverner, Cait Wood, Giles Tomkins etc) featuring the singers in “unusual” settings. See photo above.
- Canzona Chamber Players have another livestream in aid of St. Mike’s COVID-19 fund. This one goes live on October 4th at 7pm and features Jonathan Crow and Joseph Johnson
- On October 17th the Royal Conservatory has a star studded on line replacement for their annual gala concert. There are even food and drink packages available to consume while you watch. All the details are here.
- Loose Tea Music Theatre has announced a BIPOC Composer and Librettist Programme that will provide mentorship and training for two BIPOC teams to write short chamber operas that will be performed in Kingston in 2022. Full details, including how to apply, are here.
All on-line content is on Youtube unless otherwise specified.
Thanks for including Opera Breaks in your “new discoveries” list, John!