Things I’ve seen recently or plan to see include:
- Two more spooky shorts from Tapestry Opera and Red Truck productions. If you had any lingering doubts about Keith Klassen’s sanity these should take care of them! That said, the technical quality of these is amazing. (Tapestry Youtube channel).
- A COVID flavoured Halloween special from Opera Revue. (Opera Revue’s Youtube channel)
- A recording and video presentation by the Kingston Symphony of Dean Burry’s Nijmegen Bridge 1944. It’s a homage to the Canadians who died liberating the Netherlands and it’s well worth hearing. There are also more Harmon in Space episodes. (Kingston Symphony Youtube channel)
Coming up next week:
- Thursday 19th Nov 8pm – AtG’s A Little Too Cozy prequel. Casting is up on their Youtube channel and includes Brett Polegato, Rihab Chaieb, Jonelle Sills, Midori Marsh and more.
- Friday 20th 7.30pm – The GGS Fall Opera featuring Weill’s Seven Deadly Sins and Bolcom’s Lucrezia. Amanda Smith directs. This will be screened on the RCM website.
- Saturday 21st 6pm – Confluence present A Purcell Remembrance curated by Larry Beckwith. (Confluence’s Youtube Channel).
And moving into the Christmas season:
- December 13th 8pm – Against the Grain have a 70 minute show called Messiah/Complex with an amazing cast plus the TSO and Johannes Debus. All the details and the mandatory registration link is here.
- December 17th 8pm – Soundstreams are presenting a virtual Electric Messiah. Rob Kempson and Adam Scime are in charge with a great line-up of new and returning performers. Plus, huge bonus, a new work by Ian Cusson. Details are here.
Generally performances are available on demand for a couple or weeks or more after the date/time given here but there’s usually some form of interactiveness during the initial screening.