There’s less being produced right now in the way of on-line content but here are a few titbits:
- Opera Revue has a new and very silly vaccine related number on Youtube.
- Sara Schabas has a recital recorded in the Spiegelsaal at the Opernhaus Zürich premiering on Sunday. This one is ticketed ($10 in aid of Highlands Opera Studio). Tickets here.
- Kathy Domoney has a new series of Opera Breaks coming up. You can check out previous Opera Breaks here, which is also where the new stuff will eventually appear. The schedule is:
- June 12th – “Dite alla giovine”, La Traviata ( Verdi) duet – Natalya Gennadi, soprano & Dion Mazerolle, baritone
- June 26th – “ Green Finch and Linnet Bird”, Sweeney Todd ( Sondheim) – Caitlin Wood, soprano
- July 10th – “Crudel! perché finora”, Le Nozze di Figaro (Mozart) duet – Caitlin Wood, soprano & Clarence Frazer, baritone
- July 26th – “ Vilia” , The Merry Widow ( Léhar) – Natalya Gennadi, soprano
There’s also been a sorta, kinda “season announcement” from the COC. You can find it and Perryn Leach’s take on it on the COC Youtube channel. Basically there’s going to be free, live streamed content from the Four Seasons Centre in the fall using the kit I talked about in discussing the COC/NBC’s digital strategy back when. What it is, whether there will be any kind of in-house audience and what happens after Christmas we have to wait until August to find out.