Coming up later this month…
On October 14th at 7.30pm in the MacMillan Theatre, the UoT Symphony, UoT Opera and the MacMillan singers are joining forces for a programme of opera ensemble numbers.
October 20th at 8pm in the Ernest Balmer Studio sees the first show in the new Confluence series; Sovereignty Voiced. Actor Cole Alvis, mezzo soprano Marion Newman, composer/pianist Ian Cusson, poet/filmmaker Armand Garnet Ruffo and singer/songwiter Aqua Nibii Waawaaskone and others share poems, songs and stories in an intimate cabaret.
October 22nd is the Rubies gala where Opera Canada gives out sundry awards at a posh dinner. Details on the Opera Canada website.
Opera Atelier open their season at the Elgin Theatre on October 25th with a double bill of Charpentier’s Actéon and Rameau’s Pygmalion. Colin Ainsworth, Mireille Asselin and Allyson McHardy head up the cast. That runs until November 3rd.
Almost finally Collectìf have a Halloween cabaret show; Witch First at the Monarch Tavern on, surprisingly, October 31st with a party afterwards.
And in free concert news at the RBA at noon:
- October 18th: Lauren Eberwein and Anna-Sophie Neher with a programme of French art songs
- October 23rd: Helene Schneiderman with Yiddish, German and English songs.
- October 25th: Simone McIntosh with Messiaen’s Harawi. Catch that one if you can. It’s an amazing piece.
…and at the UoT in Walter Hall
- October 15th at 2pm, a master class with Thomas Hampson
- October 18th at 12.10 pm, Nathalie Paulin and Stephen Philcox with Debussy’s Cinq poemes de Baudelaire.