As expected the COC’s fall season, announced today, is all virtual. Even the RBA concerts will be 5 minute on-line nuggets. The stuff on the main stage is pretty interesting though. Here’s the line up (note all dates are “supporter opening night”. General streaming starts 24 hours later. All shows are at 7.30pm).:
- 24th October: Russell Braun and tamara Wilson in concert with the COC Orchestra and Johannes Debus. Details here.
- 29th October: Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi. Amy Lane directs. Roland Wood sings the man. More details.
- 12th November: Juno award winning jazz/folk fusion group Okan perform songs from their latest album. Details.
- 26th November: Mozart’s Requiem with Midori Marsh, Marion Newman, Andrew Hadji and Vartan Gabrielan plus the COC orchestra and chorus and Johannes Debus. More.
- 17th December: In Winter. A concert featuring winter themed music including a new piece for solo, chorus and orchestra by Ian Cusson. Performers include Melody Courage past and present members of the Ensemble Studio and the COC opera and chorus with Johannes Debus. Details.
I’m a bit disappointed that there’s nothing concrete about a return to live with an audience performance but I’m not surprised. I just hope the Village Idiot in Chief can get his mind around something like a vaccination passport in time for a post Christmas return.
At least all this content is free and that’s a big plus.